Who Are We
Our Mission To promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of Malaysia's forests.
FSM is a Malaysian registered independent organisation established in 2007 to provide a mechanism for making FSC more accessible and locally appropriate.
FSM’s focus areas are:
- developing the FSC National Standards
- promoting and creating demands for FSC forest products
- encouraging Malaysian individuals and organizations to join FSC membership
- strengthening the network with governments, industry groups, companies, educational bodies, trade unions, indigenous peoples’ organisations, environmental and social non-governmental organizations
- encouraging FSC accredited certification bodies to strengthen their credibility in the Malaysian market